Perceptics has a very experienced program management team. The role of this team is to work directly with customers and end users as the interface for programs and collaborative projects from the time of contract award, through the close out phase.
Apart from defining, maintaining, and managing the project processes, the program manager roles and responsibilities include providing support for the smooth execution of the project.
The program management (PM) team:
- provides a centralized customer focused office that not only plan, negotiate and analyze projects, but also redress the project related concerns of the client, sponsor, and staff
- has the knowledge, skills and techniques to execute projects effectively and efficiently. It’s a strategic competency for organizations, enabling them to tie project results to business goals—and thus, better compete in their markets.
- provides consultancy services to the project team on project related issues
- Program managers ensure implementation and maintenance of the project methodology and retain the team members’ focus on the tasks in hand
- Program managers coordinate communication between stakeholders
PM knowledge areas include, but are not limited to:
- Integration—various project elements are properly coordinated.
- Scope—the project includes all work, and only the work required, to successfully complete the project.
- Time—the schedule is managed for timely completion of the project.
- Quality—the project will satisfy the needs for which it was undertaken.