Our holistic, purpose-built LPR solutions pay off in toll revenue collection.
The electronic toll collection industry has called for significant improvements in license plate recognition system performance. Utilizing high-performing license plate readers gives more data about more vehicles on the roadway, and provides a solid path to national interoperability. Tolling authorities are looking for more complete capture of data from all vehicles, reliable, accurate conversion of images to data, and robust plate imaging that truly minimizes the cost of daily toll collection.
Our system's intensive education in the challenges of reading varied plate types across North America now offers a host of benefits in electronic toll collection:
- Mutliple illumination and triggering options available
- Designed for optimal results with an average 99.95%+ accuracy rate on approximately 85% of vehicles
- 82ALPR Software utilizes machine learning, artificial intelligence and discrete OCR methods to increase auto-pass rates
- Unique Vehicle Identification (UVID) module to interpret low-confidence results and reduce the need for manual image reviews
- Reads motorcycle and temporary plates, stacked characters on plates, and multiple plates per image
- Recognizes state, province and country of origin, and plate type; omni-font capable
- OCR engine uses multiple virtual experts, including neural net, to interpret images
- Determines confidence per character and per plate for exceptional reliability
- Ground truthing continuously enhances the system's plate reading expertise
- Dovetails with any back office system
With over 40 years of experience in the most demanding environments, Perceptics raises the bar on LPR performance for toll collection. Contact us to learn more about Perceptics and our imaging technologies' impact on tolling.